Family Medicine Residency
Our Family Medicine Residency program is an unopposed, university-sponsored residency located in a safe, suburban, and culturally diverse community. We are a strong, technologically-advanced practice able to offer our residents, all of whom are employees of Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, various fellowships, access to enthusiastic and highly experienced Rutgers faculty, and highly competitive Rutgers salaries and benefits. Our diverse mix of ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic patient population allow for a well-rounded learning experience! After completion of the residency, Monmouth County offers tremendous opportunity for practice establishment within a growing community.
The mission of the Rutgers RWJMS Family Medicine Residency at CentraState Medical Center is to provide the highest caliber of education and training to family medicine residents in an innovative and technologically contemporary environment in order to impart the finest quality of care to the patients and community of Central New Jersey. The residents and faculty will strive to incorporate the medical, social, and emotional needs of the patients to promote the best possible quality of life. The goal will be to graduate family physicians that can provide comprehensive, evidence-based, and compassionate continuity of care to families and individuals of all ages in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
Our Hospital Family
We are proud to be a member of the CentraState Healthcare System, which is among the nation’s most wired IT hospitals! CentraState holds Magnet status and finds itself among the leading hospitals in Press Gainey Scores for patient satisfaction.
Freehold offers an impressive array of restaurants, shops, and entertainment, in a picturesque blend of country and urban living. Monmouth County features 27 miles of pristine beaches, many historic sites, 16 public golf courses, theaters, and art galleries. The county hosts annual events such as the County Fair, food and jazz festivals, concerts and a wealth of cultural and ethnic affairs. Good schools and a variety of housing options make central Monmouth County a great place to raise a family, too.
- An innovative residency program designed for the future of family medicine.
- A university-sponsored program in a thriving community hospital with no other residencies.
- Offers residents rare advantage of belonging to a strong resident union (the Committee of Interns and Residents, http://www.cirseiu.org/).
- Highly competitive salary and benefits.
- Opportunities to attend local and national conferences.
- Innovative electronic health records that allow for remote access via residency-provided iPads, smart phones and hospital computers.
- Training for various fellowships offered through Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (RWJMS) including Geriatrics, Sports Medicine, Women’s Health, Primary Care Research, Health Policy and Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- Patient population with a diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic mix.
- Elective rotations opportunities provided in second and third years, including “Away electives” (rotations outside of our hospital system).
- Pre-paid membership in the American Academy of Family Physicians for all residents.
- Enthusiastic and experienced teachers of family medicine with expertise in the successful development of private clinical practices.
- Situated within convenient commuting distance to New York City and Philadelphia.
- Opportunity for post-graduate practice establishment in Monmouth County, a growing area with a need for family physicians.
- Part of CentraState Healthcare System, which includes: CentraState Medical Center, an acute-care hospital licensed for 271 beds.
- Applewood Estates, a lifecare retirement community currently undergoing expansion.
- Monmouth Crossing, Freehold’s first assisted living community.
- The Manor Care Center, a health and rehabilitation center.
- The Family Medicine Center, a provider of primary healthcare.
- The Health Awareness Center, offering a wide variety of health education programs and services at two convenient locations.